New Listing: Spacious Home for Sale in SW Rochester, MNCheck out this stunning five bedroom/three and a half bathroom home in SW Rochester, MN. Built in 2014, this home features a large, open
6 Inexpensive Renovations That Sell Your Home
6 Inexpensive Renovations That Sell Your HomeWhen your home is listed and nothing seems to be biting at the bit, it may be time to spruce things up a bit. If this is the case you do not need to spend a lot of money renovating you home. There are several small projects that you can do to give your home a face lift and intrigue potential buyers. Incorporating the following repairs will make it look like you spent a lot of money when you really didn’t!
1. Appliances- If your appliances are looking outdated or mismatched, you don’t necessarily have to buy brand new ones. Appliances can be very expensive and the new owner’s will might replace them with style that suits their taste anyway. Instead you can just order new doors or face panels from the manufacturer. This is cheap way to create a more cohesive-looking kitchen and will impress buyers and increase resale value!
2. Flooring- Floors are a very important factor when buyers are making a decision on your home. Your carpet is an area that it is vital to keep looking as new and clean as possible. You don’t need to replace your carpet if it is in good condition. Simply hiring a professional cleaner to freshen up your current carpet can do wonders.
3. Kitchen- Everyone knows when it comes to selling, the kitchen often makes or breaks the sale. It is the most important room in the house and where the most time is spent. You don’t have to gut your kitchen, just a few modifications can be a game changing. Replacing the kitchen faucet and modernizing cabinet and drawer pulls is a great place to start. Update old light fixtures with brighter energy efficient ones. If you’re your cabinets are looking dated, a re-facing company can refinish your cabinet boxes and add brand new doors. If you budget is limited repaint the doors.
4. Bathroom- Buy a new toilet seat and a pedestal sink if needed. Replacing or covering up vinyl tiles, and re-grouting tile around the bathtub and shower are simple inexpensive updates that you can make yourself.
5. Front Door- Pay attention to your front door. This is the area that makes the first impression with buyers. Make sure you have a sturdy looking handle and lock set, so your home appears solid. Also repaint your front door for more curb appeal.
6. Lawn- A well maintained lawn is one of the most obvious things you should do to prepare for selling your home. Make sure your walkway is swept and weeded and that the lawn is well groomed. Look into purchasing a few nice looking shrubs or flower plants.
If you are interested in buying or selling your home contact The Realty Edge Team (507-722-1107) www.rochesterrealtyedge.com we would love to help you out!
Kyle is a licensed realtor and co-owner of the Realty Edge Team, brokered by eXp Realty, LLC, at 300 1st Ave NW Rochester, MN. He founded the Realty Edge Team in 2011 along with Dan Kingsley. At age 2....
Latest Blog Posts
February 2019 Rochester MN Real Estate Market ReportFor more information about the Rochester MN real estate market, please feel free to contact me at 507-218-1930 or justin@therealtyedge