New Listing! Meticulous 3 bed, 2 bath home in NW Rochester!The Realty Edge Team is excited to share this meticulously maintained home in a sought-after NW neighborhood. Located at 5905 Crown Lane,
Fall home maintenance
The fall season is here! Snow is in the forecast this week, but you've still got some time to winterize your home. Here are just a few things to get done this fall:
- Check foundation for cracks. Caulk around areas that your siding meets the foundation, where pipes and wires enter your house, and around windows and door frames to prevent heat from escaping.
- If you have storm doors, it's time to put these on, and remove screens from windows.
- Weather strip your garage door making sure the seal between the door and ground is tight to keep drafts and small animals out.
- Inspect your driveway for cracks and clean out and repair and damage with filler and coat with a sealer.
- Make sure the roof is in good shape; inspect for missing or loose shingles. The roof of your house is the first line of defense against the weather, so be proactive and deal with repairs in the fall.
- When you're leaves are pretty much done falling, clean out your gutters and downspouts, flush with water, and inspect joints.
- Apply weather stripping and caulk to windows and doors to cut down on drafts to save money on your heating and energy costs.
- Get your wood burning stove and fireplace in working order - have your chimney professionally cleaned to prevent chimney fires.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan to create an upward draft and circulate warm air from the ceiling.
- Change smoke detector and carbon monoxide batteries.
- Clean your humidifiers regularly to prevent bacteria from growing in the dirty water tank.
Yard & Garden
- Organize your garage for winter - clean and store garden tools and make sure your snow equipment is ready for the first snowfall.
- Give your lawn some TLC by raking leaves and reseeding patchy areas.
- Drain fuel from your lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and chain saws.
- Drain the garden hoses and bring them indoors.
Porch & Deck
- Check the foundation and make sure the handrails can support someone slipping on snow or ice.
- Cover and store outdoor furniture and barbecues in a protected area.
- Empty the soil from pots and planters so they don’t freeze and crack.
Kyle is a licensed Realtor/Broker and co-owner of the Realty Edge Team, brokered by eXp Realty. He founded the Realty Edge Team in 2011 along with Dan Kingsley. At age 26, he received the prestigious ....
Latest Blog Posts
New Listing! Split-Level in Zumbrota's Golf Course CommunityThe Realty Edge Team is excited to share this new listing in the golf course community of Zumbrota! Located at 293 Eagle Lane, Zumbrota MN
New Listing! 4 bed, 2 bath Split-Level in SW Rochester!The Realty Edge Team is excited to share this new listing in SW Rochester! Located at 2015 Woodcrest Ln. SW, Rochester MN 55902, this 4 bed/2