New Listing: Home for Sale in SE Rochester, MNCheck out this beautiful two bedroom/one bathroom home in SE Rochester, MN. Located at 120 11th St SE Rochester, this recently renovated house
Preparing Your Home For Spring
Preparing your Home For Spring
Great news for Rochester, Minnesotans! Spring is on it's way...FINALLY! If you have lived in or around the Rochester area long or are planning to do so, you already know that the winters in this region are no joke. This past winter season has been one of the coldest on record, and we are more than ready to spring into warmer weather. Preparing your home for Spring is an important occasion and will be rewarding now and as time goes on. Spring maintenance is a good idea for everyone, especially if you plan on putting your house on the market during peak selling season. Here are some helpful steps for getting your home in tip top shape.
1. Improve Your Home's Curb Appeal: A potential home buyer will know immediately if they will be willing to make an offer, so don't turn them off before they get in the door. Trim trees and bushes so buyers,pressure-wash driveway, front walk, house and patio. It would also be a good idea to clean or apply fresh paint the the front door.
2. Inspect Your Roof, Gutters & Downspouts: Check for damaged, loose, or missing shingles and have them replaced. Clean out gutters and make sure water drains the ways it's supposed to.
3. Open Windows To Rid Built Up Toxins: After the long winter months stale, stuffy air is bound to be trapped in your home. Create some fresh air flow. While your at it, clean the screens, blinds, and curtains.
4. Clean Carpets/Rugs: Carpet is a huge dust collector and should be deep cleaned once a year, especially if you have pets.
5. Vacuum Window Treatments/Draperies: Get rid of the dust, pollen, and dander that may have built up all winter.
6. Clean Ceiling Fans: This is a major dust hot spot you don't want circulating around the room.
7. Remove Clutter: Grab a bag and walk through your house from one end to the other. Look for anything collecting dust and toss or donate it! If your will be selling your home, "less is more." Depersonalize your home and buyers will be able to see themselves in your home and picture their own items in place.
8. Organize Closets, Cupboards, and Drawers: Free up space and some sanity as well! Buyers will and do look everywhere during showings and they will be turned off seeing personal belongings crammed in miscellaneous areas.
9. Appliance Upkeep: Clean your clothes dryer vent to make sure it is clear of lint and will function properly. Check the filter in your refrigerator if it has an ice maker/water dispenser, and replace it if necessary.
10. Check Air Conditioner: Since you will be switching to your A/C instead of your furnace, make sure it is in working shape before the first hot day arrives and you're in dire need.
Spring is a great time to rejuvenate your home for yourself and for potential buyers. If you’re concerned you will miss something, hire a professional home inspector – they will cover the entire home from top to bottom. For more information on preparing your home for the Spring Market contact the Realty Edge Team- www.rochesterrealtyedge.com 507-722-1107. We would love to help you out!
Kyle is a licensed realtor and co-owner of the Realty Edge Team, brokered by eXp Realty, LLC, at 300 1st Ave NW Rochester, MN. He founded the Realty Edge Team in 2011 along with Dan Kingsley. At age 2....
Latest Blog Posts
New Listing: Spacious Home for Sale in SW Rochester, MNCheck out this stunning five bedroom/three and a half bathroom home in SW Rochester, MN. Built in 2014, this home features a large, open
February 2019 Rochester MN Real Estate Market ReportFor more information about the Rochester MN real estate market, please feel free to contact me at 507-218-1930 or justin@therealtyedge