New Listing: Spacious Home for Sale in SW Rochester, MNCheck out this stunning five bedroom/three and a half bathroom home in SW Rochester, MN. Built in 2014, this home features a large, open
Realty Edge Teams 10 Projects To Hammer Out Before Thanksgiving
Realty Edge Team’s 10 Projects to Hammer out Before Thanksgiving1. Finish the Basement: Rochester MN winter brings ice, snow, clouds and rain-FUN STUFF! Your time indoors may get a little crowded, so finishing your basement is a great way to extend your living space and also gives a higher return on investment than many other home projects. Whether you're planning on selling your home come springtime or you just need more space to live, consider finishing your basement!
2. Fix Major Home Appliances: From turkey dinners to Christmas cookies, the holiday season is a busy time for the kitchen. And the washer and dryer seam to work overtime during the holidays as well. If your appliances are not working well or as well as they should, get them up to speed before the holidays arrive.
3. Plan for Holiday Lights: Holiday lights are ALREADY starting to pop up around Rochester MN. If you plan to decorate your home, develop a plan and start looking for deals on lights and other outdoor holiday decor early. Allow time to install lights as early as you can to maximize the number of days you'll have to enjoy them.
4. Fireplace Repair: Proper inspection of your fireplace is vital to ensuring it operates safely. An experienced chimney sweep will check wood fireplaces for flammable buildup (creosote) and chimney blockages such as bird nests. A chimney or fireplace professional also should check for these red flags: improperly functioning dampers, damaged brickwork and masonry, and missing or damaged flue caps (the screen covering the top of the chimney).
5. Tune-up the Furnace: The furnace is literally heart of Rochester MN homes during cold winter months. Without it, cozy life indoors would be impossible. Occasional maintenance from a professional can keep your furnace running smoothly and efficiently, and prevent damage to your home from burst or frozen pipes.
6. Prepare for Snow Removal: Get bids from local Rochester MN snow-removal services before the big flakes begin to fall. Keeping your walks free of ice and snow is a vital part of wintertime safety, but venturing outside with a shovel in freezing temps is an unpleasant task for anyone! Snow-removal services are usually equipped with professional gear to make quick work of a homeowner's hand-shovel job.
7. Install a Home Security System: If you're looking for peace of mind this holiday season, consider installing a home security system. It will help protect against intruders, and many systems can monitor for signs of fire.
8. Clean Carpets: The below-freezing days of winter are at our doorsteps-and already making unwanted visits. There still may be a few days of moderate temps left so take advantage and clean your carpets while you can still open windows for ventilation, to speed the drying process.
9. Install a Programmable Thermostat: Programmable thermostats save money without sacrificing comfort by using less energy to heat and cool your home while you're away or asleep. More accurate and convenient to use than manual thermostats, programmable thermostats don't contain toxic mercury found in traditional models. Hiring a pro to install a programmable thermostat is generally inexpensive, but this project is within the abilities of most DIYers.
10. Plan Ahead: If you've been dreaming of a new home or a home improvement project such as an addition or major landscaping, now is an excellent time to reach out to architects or engineers to draft plans. Starting now will allow time to revise the plans without having to rush the contractor bidding process to start work when the ground thaws. Plus, you'll have one more reason to look forward to spring!
Give us call if you or someone you know would like some guidance on your real estate buying or selling ventures. Contact the Realty Edge Team (507-722-1107) www.rochesterrealtyedge.com We would love to help you out!
Kyle is a licensed realtor and co-owner of the Realty Edge Team, brokered by eXp Realty, LLC, at 300 1st Ave NW Rochester, MN. He founded the Realty Edge Team in 2011 along with Dan Kingsley. At age 2....
Latest Blog Posts
February 2019 Rochester MN Real Estate Market ReportFor more information about the Rochester MN real estate market, please feel free to contact me at 507-218-1930 or justin@therealtyedge